Old Sheldon Church ruins are located in Yemassee, South Carollina - a rural community of Beaufort County. The original structure, built between 1745 and 1753 as a chapel of ease in English Georgian style using the Roman Tuscan or Doric order, was originally known as Prince William's Parish Church.The ruins lie among majestic oaks and scattered graves and is a popular Lowcountry site for photographers. An annual service is held the second Sunday after Easter where the public is invited to attend.
June 15th, 2021
Viewed 1,539 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 12/11/2023 at 4:36 PM